Wisconsin Travel • Haunted Places • Weird History
Originally imagined as a website dedicated solely to Wisconsin Halloween events and haunted houses, Wisconsin Frights has recently been reinvented as a travel guide dedicated to all things weird, quirky, creepy, and unusual in the Badger State. With a growing directory of haunted places, curious attractions, and articles about the darker side of Wisconsin, you’re to find something to soothe your macabre curiosity.
Wisconsin Frights includes everything from weird roadside attractions like House on the Rock and the fiberglass mold museum, to the stories of the legendary Rock Lake Pyramids, the brutal slayings at Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin estate, the ghostly voices of the long-dead victims of the Peshtigo fire, creatures like the Goatman of Hogsback Road and the Beast of Bray Road, historical murder mysteries, and the only place where you can get an edible chocolate hodag.
- Peter Kurten’s head in Wisconsin Dells
- The bleeding grave of Kate Blood
- Wisconsin’s 3 annual UFO festivals
- The many hauntings of Walter Schroeder
- State Fair Demon
- Legends of Wisconsin’s haunted cemeteries
- Haunted houses in Wisconsin
- The man they could not hang
- What’s under Dundee Mountain?
- Unusual Airbnbs
- Wisconsin Amityville Horror house
- Haunted Sheboygan asylum